The main goal of the documentation is to provide guidance and walk-through to set up the theme on your website in an easy-to-follow manner, while also introducing you to some of the features of the theme. We encourage you to go through this document and keep it handy for reference.
If you have any questions about the theme or need assistance with anything related to the theme, please feel free to open a support ticket. Our support team will be happy to assist you.
How to use this Documentation?
We recommend everyone to go through each step of the documentation to have a better understanding of the theme and its features.
However, if you are looking for a specific section, you can easily navigate using our table of contents on the left-hand side of the screen.
If you want to find a specific keyword, hit “Ctrl+F” on your browser to start searching.
Installing your theme is easy! After downloading you should have a .zip file.
– WordPress Method
1. Go to Appearance » Themes in the WordPress Dashboard and click on the “Add New” button
2. Click on the “Upload link”, select the .zip file and click “Install Now”
3. Activate the theme
– Ftp Method
1. Log into your site via FTP
2. Browse to your folder located at wp-content/themes
3. Unzip the .zip folder and upload theme folder to your server
4. Log In to WordPress and go to Appearance » Themes
5. Find the theme and click to activate
How to Update your theme
If your theme is out of date, you will see a notice on your WordPress Dashboard. You’ll be able to update your theme using the traditional WordPress update tools. You will get update notifications only if you have an active Theme License. You can find the License Keys in your purchase email or by logging into your “My Account” on our site.
There are a few different ways to manually update your theme.
Download latest version
Sign in to our website and download the latest version of your theme. Your Username and Password sent to your email when you purchased the theme.
Upload the new version
The easiest way to manually update your theme is to upload it via the WP dashboard.
However, if you try to upload a new version of a theme that is already in your site’s themes directory, you will get a error.
The reason is because you already have a theme folder on your server with the same name as the folder inside your ZIP file.
You can do one of the following:
Delete the theme on your server
- Go to Appearance » Themes
- Activate Twenty Fifteen (or another theme)
- Delete the old theme (Make sure you make a backup just in case something goes wrong)
- Upload new version via Appearance » Themes » Install Themes » Upload
- Activate the new version
If you have done any customizations to your theme files, these customizations will be lost if you use this method.
Rename the folder (via FTP)
- Login to your site via FTP or cPanel
- Navigate to wp-content/themes/ and find your old theme
- Rename your old theme something like “theme-backup” (replacing “theme” with the name of your theme).
- Upload your new theme folder
The old and new versions of the theme will both appear in the themes interface, but you will be able to distinguish them by their folder names and version numbers.
Inbox Pro supports 1 Menu Location:
1. Primary Menu
Primary Menu are displayed in the main header of your site.
To add Navigation Menus in your site go to Appearance » Menus page in your WordPress admin and create or edit a new menu.
- Create a new menu
- Select “Create a new menu” at the top of the page
- Enter a name
- Click the “Create Menu” button
- Add links to the menu by using the options on the left sidebar
Then at the bottom of the menu structure you will see the Menu Settings, where you can assign your menu to specific locations on your website.
For more details of adding, deleting, and maintaining menus, please visit WordPress Menu User Guide.
How do I add social media links like in theme demo?
To add Social Media Links in Sidebar
- Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Menu
- Create a new Menu and assign it to Social Menu.
- Add Custom Links and enter your complete social media profiles url. (eg: https://facebook.com/username, https://twitter.com/my_username)
- Theme will auto recognize the profile linked and will show its respective logo
Theme Customizer Settings
Sidebar Pro comes with extensive customization option located in its Customizer Panel. To access customizer navigate to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customize and click on Theme Options Panel
Colors panel lets you customize color for all the parts of your site.
- Header panel has option to change text and background color for Site header.
- Main Navigation lets you change color for the main navigation menu.
- Post List panel has option to change color for the Post List bar on homepage
- Post Content lets you customize color for the post content and all its headings, etc.
- Sidebar Panel has option to customize background and text color for the Widget bar.
- Button and Icons panels has option to change color for “Read More” button and as well as the button for search form. The Social Icon section in this panel lets you customize color for the Social Bar on homepage.
2. Typography Settings
Typography panel lets you customize font for all the parts of your site.
- Header panel has option to change font for Site header.
- Main Navigation lets you change font for the main navigation menu.
- Post List panel has option to change font for the Post List bar on homepage
- Post Content lets you customize font for the post content and all its headings, etc.
- Sidebar Panel has option to customize font for the Widget bar.
3. General Settings
In General Settings panel you can enable or disable
- Search Form in Header
- Social Media Bar
- Read More Button: You can now disable the read more button and show entire post content on the homepage.
- Change Sidebar position from left to right or completely disable the sidebar.
- Change Pagination option to infinite load more option.
4. Content Settings
Content Settings panel has two section:
Homepage Post List
Here you can enable or disable following items that effect the homepage/archive of the site:
- Posted On Date
- Post Author
- Post Category
Also you can change the excerpt length in this panel
Single Post Content
Here you can enable or disable following items which effect the single posts of your site:
- Featured Image
- Posted On Date
- Author Name
- Post Category
- Author Bio
5. Breadcrumbs Settings
On websites that have a lot of pages, breadcrumb navigation can greatly enhance the way users find their way around. In terms of usability, breadcrumbs reduce the number of actions a website visitor needs to take in order to get to a higher-level page, and they improve the findability of website sections and pages. They are also an effective visual aid that indicates the location of the user within the website’s hierarchy, making it a great source of contextual information for landing pages.
- Enable or Disable Breadcrumbs
- Toggle to show the Current Page Title in the breadcrumbs
- Enter the text to show at the beginning of breadcrumbs
- Enter separator to show between breadcrumbs titles.
6. Footer Settings
In this panel you can change the footer copyright notice.
- Enter Footer Copyright text
- Hide or Show Author Link and WordPress Link. (Blue is Hide)
- Click Save & Publish.
Click here to download demo content for Inbox Pro
We highly recommend to use Child Theme if you need to change the code of the theme. Do not change the codes in the files of the parent theme as all such changes will be lost when the theme is updated. For information about How to create a child theme visit : https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
Always keep BackUp of your theme before making any changes to the theme.
If you get any problem in using the theme, you can do the following things:
Deactivate the plugins, sometime plugin conflict may cause issues with the theme. Please deactivate the unused plugins.
Replace latest modified code with the original code.
If the issue still pertains, feel free to contact us using our Support Ticket