Installing your theme is easy! After downloading you should have a .zip file.
– WordPress Method
1. Go to Appearance » Themes in the WordPress Dashboard and click on the “Add New” button
2. Click on the “Upload link”, select the .zip file and click “Install Now”
3. Activate the theme
– Ftp Method
1. Log into your site via FTP
2. Browse to your folder located at wp-content/themes
3. Unzip the .zip folder and upload theme folder to your server
4. Log In to WordPress and go to Appearance » Themes
5. Find the theme and click to activate
If your theme is out of date, you will see a notice on your WordPress Dashboard. You’ll be able to update your theme using the traditional WordPress update tools.
Sidebar supports 1 Menu Locations:
1. Primary Menu
To add Navigation Menus in your site go to Appearance » Menus page in your WordPress admin and create or edit a new menu.
Create a new menu
- Select “Create a new menu” at the top of the page
- Enter a name
- Click the “Create Menu” button
- Add links to the menu by using the options on the left sidebar
Then at the bottom of the menu structure you will see the Menu Settings, where you can assign your menu to specific locations on your website.
For more details of adding, deleting, and maintaining menus, please visit WordPress Menu User Guide.
Featured Image and Thumbnails
The theme comes with it’s own thumbnails to minimize the page size and increase the page loading speed.
The custom image sizes are:
- 780×500 px
- 1120×650 px
We suggest to regenerate your thumbnails.
How to regenerate Thumbnails
Install and activate the Thumbnail Regenerate plugin from here.
Go to Tools » Regen. Thumbnails and press the “Regenerate All Thumbnails” button:
Wait until the regeneration process is 100% done and check your site.
How to Add Post Thumbnails
- Create a new post or edit an existing one
- Scroll down a little to see if there is a meta box called “Featured Image” on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click on “Set Featured Image” link. This will open the WordPress Media Uploader.
- Upload an image from your computer or use an existing image from your media library.
Sidebar supports Custom Background, a theme feature that provides for customization of the background color and image.
Go to Appearance » Customize and click on the Background Image tab to upload your custom Background Image.
- Upload Logo.
- Add Your Site Title and Description.
- Enable or Disable Display of Site Title and Description.
- Upload Site Favicon.
Theme Customizer Settings
Please install “Kirki” plugin before customizing the theme. Sidebar WordPress theme uses “Kirki” for Customizer Framework.
To add Social Media Links in Header
1. Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customize
2. Navigate to Theme Options Panel
3. Click on Social Media Settings Panel
4. Select Checkbox “Enable Social Links in Header” to enable Social Media links in Header
5. Enter URLS for your social media profiles.
Custom Homepage Customization
- Go to Dashboard >> Pages >> Add New
- Create a Page
- Select “Homepage” from the “Template” dropdown in the Page Attributes section
- Click Publish
- Go to Dashboard >> Settings >> Reading
- Check ‘A static page’ radio button
- Select the newly created page from the “Homepage” dropdown
- Click “Saves Changes”
- Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customize
- Navigate to Theme Options Panel
- Open Custom Homepage Settings Panel
- You will find four Panel here for each section.
- Toggle the button to Enable respective sections.
- Enter Section Label if required
- Select Category from the dropdown menu.
- Click Publish button on top.
Some of the feature in this theme is made possible by use of some third-party plugins. All of these plugins are optional and won’t effect your site performance, but they do add certain extra features into your site.
When you activate the theme for the first time you will get a notice in your Dashboard to install these plugins. If you do not want to install these plugins on theme activation then you can ignore the notice and if you change your mind in future then you can install these plugins by going into Dashboard >> Appearance >> Install Plugin.
Shortcodes Ultimate – Shortcodes Ultimate is WordPress plugin that provides mega pack of shortcodes. This is really a premium plugin that you can get absolutely for free! See the Shortcodes page on the theme demo to see a few examples.
Jetpack – Jetpack simplifies managing WordPress sites by giving you visitor stats, security services, speeding up images, and helping you get more traffic. Jetpack is a free plugin.
We highly recommend to use Child Theme if you need to change the code of the theme. Do not change the codes in the files of the parent theme as all such changes will be lost when the theme is updated. For information about How to create a child theme visit : https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
Always keep BackUp of your theme before making any changes to the theme.
If you get any problem in using the theme, you can do the following things:
Deactivate the plugins, sometime plugin conflict may cause issues with the theme. Please deactivate the unused plugins.
Replace latest modified code with the original code.
If the issue still pertains, feel free to contact us using our Support Ticket